Wow! It sure has been crazy around here. Our little guy is really giving us some wild days! In an attempt to help Alex's reflux by taking away his pacifier, we made him pretty mad. However, it has really shown us that he is bothered by his reflux more than we thought. After almost every feeding, Alex's starts screaming and arching his back. It is so--- hard to watch. The thought that this baby boy might escape his other siblings' fate was a nice one, but he is going right down the same path. On Wednesday, the doctor's office called to reschedule his 4 month appointment that was suppose to be for this Friday. Sam and I were trying to hold out calling the doctor about Alex's reflux because we did not want to have to visit the doctor twice so close together. After that call, I did not care. I am plum out exhausted because I am holding Alex ALL day to keep him upright and to try and keep him happy. Not to mention, he is NOT sleeping. We have gone from sleeping a 7 hour stretch at night and then a 4 hour stretch, to being lucky if we get in any 3 hour stretches at all. He also does not nap, unless you hold him (and very still at that!) Not happening with 4 other kids in the house. On Thursday, when I called to reschedule his 4 month check, I asked to talk to a nurse also. Upon doing so, she told me that they needed to see him right away. She also asked me why I had waited so long to call. I honestly have been through this so many times, I know the drill. Once the pedi cannot do anything more, it's off to the GI to have them tell you that you are poisoning your baby with breast milk and you need to stop. (All of which has only made my children worse!) Luckily, when we went in to the doctor on Thursday, she told us to give Alex Maloxx twice a day. This was new to us, and definitely worth a try. If we did not see a significant improvement by today, then he had to come back and get reffered. Luckily for us, we did get some nice relief. Alex seems to be doing pretty well with the Maloxx. The only draw back is that it has given him the runs and his little bum is now turning red. Hopefully his system will get use to it. For now, he is beginning to sleep better and is happier. I really hope it lasts! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment