Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Alex Takes His First Bottle

In the anticipation of Brianna and I's Celtic Woman concert this Saturday, I realized that I needed to start pumping and try Alex with a bottle before I leave him with Daddy for several hours. Unfortunately, I forgot you're suppose to get your body use to the pump for a little while before it is effective to get enough milk each time. Alex woke up at 4:00 this morning, so after I fed him, I went downstairs to try it out. Not much luck. I was only able to pump 1oz in half an hour. Hopefully we have some more productive attempts the next 2 days because that is all the time we have left.

I let Brianna be the first to try Alex with his bottle. She was so excited. We are trying him on the First Years Breastflow bottles. They have to suck before anything comes out, which is suppose to mimic nursing. At first he got pretty mad that she was trying to stuff some big foreign thing in his mouth.  When Alex finally sucked and realized something was going to come out, he had no troubles.  Brianna was so cute. She asks me, "So mom, how long did it take you to pump this?" I said, "30 minutes." Then she tells me, "It just took him 2 to finish it all." At least we know he liked it this time. Hopefully he'll do the same when he has to.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment