Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First Visitors

Since Alexander was born late in the evening, we decided that our family would all do better seeing him on Wednesday. We knew everyone was so excited of his arrival that none of us got very much sleep Tuesday night. So, the kids were able to sleep in on Wednesday until after 9:00.
The Kids' Pictures for Baby Alexander
They were the first to see our beautiful babe, and could not be more excited.  I had purchased their Big Sister/Big Brother shirts to wear, that Alexander presented them when they came. They were thrilled!  Everyone except William. I think he will need a little time. He has now been dethroned as the "baby" of the family. I was a little surprised because he was the one, and almost only one, who knew our baby was a boy. He also kissed my tummy so tenderly everyday and night for the past several months since I started showing my "baby bump." I am hoping his transition time does not take too long because I know he and Alex will be great buds! 

After the kids came Grandpa &  Grandma, and then Emmy & Shelly.  It was quite the party for one very special little boy! I could not be happier to be part of such a beautiful and special family! :)

1 comment:

  1. He is beautiful! Congrats. He's probably already bigger than our little Abby! She just now weighs 10 pounds.

    ReplyDelete