We thought it would be fun to take an adventure to the zoo We chose the best weekend...Hot, Muggy, & Crowded. (Well not exactly the best weekend.) It has been a long time since we have ventured out with an infant. When we got to the zoo, at 10:00 am, the parking lot was already full. We had to park in an overflow parking lot quite a ways away from the zoo. Luckily they had a "back" entrance to the zoo that made our walk not as far as we thought. Sam was stuck at home with the A/C guy, trying to get our A/C fixed for the second time in less than 24hrs. So, I had all 5 kids, 1 diaper bag, the beach bag, 5 water bottles, the Ergo Baby, the car seat, and 1 huge double stroller to lug all by myself. How have I ever done this before! I think that darn stroller weighed in over 100 lbs! Luckily, I have the most helpful kids ever. When I asked Brianna and Nate to help, no hesitation, they jumped right in. I am so grateful for them. We entered the new Savanna's area with mobs and mobs of people all around. Alex almost immediately went into "Overload Mode." Too much for him.
We took a quick look at the amazing new addition to the zoo, then went to the Children's Zoo. Once out in the open, Alex calmed down and fell asleep. The kids were so excited to show Alex the animals, but the heat was just a little too much. We stayed for a total of 2 hrs, then left.
At least Alex had to smile when asked if he liked the zoo. We'll have to visit in the fall, when it is less crowded and cooler. We might be staying in quite a bit this summer.








No comments:
Post a Comment