So we have decided to give cloth diapers a try for Alex. We were amazed that the average diapers we have always bought went up in cost $20 since we had William, from $25 a box to $45. (Yes, that was only 4 years ago!) After being totally overwhelmed by all the various types, abbreviations, and lack of local sellers, we finally found a lady that runs a cloth diaper store out of her garage. I was kind of hesitant to drive 16 miles for it, but I was glad I did. They were so informative, helpful, nice, and it was great to see and examine what I had been researching online. We decided to start with prefolds and contours, using a diaper wrap over top, while Alex is still little. Then, when he starts wetting less, we will re-evaluate.
Today was Alex's first day in cloths. I have been scared to death to start, not knowing what to expect. It has not been bad at all. My only problem was the first time I diapered him I put his snappy on sidewards. My ever attentive Brianna pointed out my mistake. (Made me feel kind of dumb, but that's okay. At least Alex has two "mommys" to look after his well being.) The only other, but slightly major, mistake I made was that I fastened his diaper cover a little too tight. It only cut the circulation off to his left leg, turning it a lovely shade of purple. Upon noticing it, only minutes after I had diapered him, I quickly made the adjustments to fix it. At least it was a simple fix and he was not wearing clothes so I could see what I did. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment