I have been wondering through the "What ifs?...." lately trying to figure out which might be a better situation for our whole family. It probably seems crazy now, but this not knowing what our baby is is DRIVING ME NUTS! I know it is only a few more weeks, at most, but it is so-- hard to wait! Yesterday, the kids got into a conversation with William about our baby that went something like this: "William, what do you think our baby is?" "It's a boy. I don't want a girl! I don't like girl babies! I only like Baby Owen, Baby Jonathan, and Baby Sophia!" "Well Baby Sophia is a girl. Don't you like her? She is so cute and sweet." "Yes, but our baby is a boy! Right Mom?!?" I immediately felt this lump rise in my throat, because in the beginning I did feel like we were having a boy, but because so many things resemble my pregnancy with Brianna, I have changed my mind. I just imagine the situation now of bringing the kids in to see their new baby whatever, and William, who is slotted this time to be the first sibling to hold the new baby, seeing that it is a girl, freaking out and screaming like he does when he has been utterly hurt to the core. I am hoping this is not so and that no matter what our baby turns out to be, upon seeing its cuteness, all the kids will be overjoyed and not care about their preferences in gender. It's all in Heavenly Father's plans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment