Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Wait Continues

We have finally made it full term! Now, after many runs of contractions, it appears as though the baby is very content where it is.  I am sleeping pretty well, overall very comfortable, and getting a little impatient at it all. I have had such major anxiety about every little everything that could possibly go wrong.  Last week, my measurements had not changed and the baby appeared to be not growing on its curve. I also lost weight! This week, however, I gained 5 pounds in a week and my measurements increased by 2.  I was quite relieved. I am still a little worried about the baby's cord being next to its head, but our doctor assured us today that things looked well and it is most likely running next to its head but not around it.  She has a great way of being calm about things and I really like that. My most exciting news is that I do not need to take any injections any more.  I am so grateful! My stomach has truly taken a beating this pregnancy. The heparin did it in. I developed large red patches all over it that burned and itched. I could not even lay on my side without feeling like my stomach was on fire. We finally concluded that I was having some sort of reaction to the shots. I am so glad to be done.  I even think that maybe the heparin is what cause my weight loss because that is when I started going downhill. I am so glad to be off. Now we hope that this week holds big changes for us.  I am ready to be more than 3 cm dilated and ready to see this long awaited baby! I hope the time comes soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for full term. Hang in there, I know the last part is the hardest. You'll be holding that baby before you know it!

    ReplyDelete