Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Siblings! (For Now!)

I have been so charmed by Natalie and William's behavior towards me being pregnant. It is so incredibly cute. William constantly kisses my tummy every chance he can get. When he thinks I am not paying attention he will pat my tummy too. We had a discussion a couple weeks ago about if the baby has bones. He kept mashing on my tummy telling me it was too squishy to have bones.  If he were only patient enough to allow the baby to push him out of the way he would know for sure.  Natalie on the other hand is very interested in how the baby moves and what position it is in.  She likes to lay her head or her cold hands on my tummy to get the baby moving then tries to push what ever appendage is pushing at her in some other direction. She likes to try and figure out if it is a leg or arm or knee etc... She is very serious about it too. I know she is really excited about our baby's arrival because we were talking about her birthday coming up in March the other day.  I had told her that it might be fun to do a party at the gym where she takes her gymnastic classes. Right away she tells me no because the baby would not be able to be there and her baby has to be at her birthday party. I thought it was so sweet.
I can tell even Nate is beginning to think baby. I was watching a good friend's kids last week, and one of them is 6 months old. Nate was very insistent on holding him, playing with him, and feeding him his bottle when that time came.  Even though he would not directly come out and say it, I know he is getting excited about our new arrival too.
Brianna, is just Brianna. She helps with anything you ask her to at any moment. She is such a sweetheart. If she is not asked to do anything though, her face is planted in a book somewhere. That's just her. She has not made very many comments about the baby other than not wanting it to be crazy like Natalie. I think Natalie is an original. She actually is outgrowing a lot of her crazy tendencies anyways. (Thank goodness!!) I think Brie will get more excited when the baby actually arrives.  She is such a great big sister already!

No comments:

Post a Comment