Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

???Two???

Well, I have been back to the doctor 2 times, since my last post, for bloodwork and my levels are all increasing great. Today Sam and I went together for another ultrasound to see if things had changed from last time. Well, they have. The gestational sac is growing in size and beginning to take on a more normal shape. It is still slightly elongated, but the songrapher said she was getting back echoes from it and believed she could finally see a yolk sac in it. Sam and I were relieved. As she was finishing the ultrasound, we heard her say, "Wait! I didn't see this before." As we looked on the screen, we could see a very round dark circle at the opposite end of my uterus from the other sac. "Two?" we asked. "It could be," she told us. Sam and I did not know what to say, do, anything of the sort. We had never even thought of the possiblity of twins with any of our kids. Wow! She measured the second sac and made some notes then sent us on our way to wait for another week and a half to do another ultrasound. Hopefully they will be able to see heartbeats by that point. That is when I can rest a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment