Our ultrasound was today, and after quite a bit of bleeding, it couldn't come too soon. As we watched our ultrasound today, things looked very different from last time. The first and most exciting thing we could see was one baby with a very vibrant heartbeat flashing away on the screen. It was a wonderful sight. The sonographer took 2 readings of it and come out with a rate of 140BMP's. "That is a very healthy heartbeat," she told us. The blood clot was still next to the sac though, so she said we will still have to monitor it. (William's clots did not go away until I was 14 weeks along.) On the other hand though, the other sac had clearly shrank. For the sac that was actually larger everytime, it was now quite a bit smaller than the "more normal" sac and looked like a jelly bean, or a circle with the edges pinched and stretched horizontally. My OB confirmed what we thought, that my spotting was me losing the "abnormal" sac. He said I would probably continue to cramp and spot until it is completely gone. Apparently you can miscarry 1 baby and still stay pregnant with the other. Then, he told us, things should be more normal. It was kindof a bittersweet ending, because even though we were losing one, we knew one was looking good. I really feel that God gave us 2 chances to have a normal baby. We are praying everyday it continues in a positive direction. As for now, my levels still are increasing, I am getting more nauseous, and a little more hopeful that we will come home with a beautiful healthy baby at the end of 9 months. We do have a more official gestational age and due date now!
They say that today I am 6weeks and 1 day at that my due date in around October 14th! (Only 2 days before Brianna's birthday!)
They say that today I am 6weeks and 1 day at that my due date in around October 14th! (Only 2 days before Brianna's birthday!)
We finally have a picture too! (See below)





No comments:
Post a Comment