The funniest thing happened tonight. We were all sitting at the dinner table eating. Sam was holding Alex while Alex gnawed on Sam's thumb knuckle. This is a pretty normal behavior of Alex's, but out of the blue, Sam gets this very perplexed look on his face. It was a look that if it could have spoken it would have said, "I know this is incredibly dumb and not possible, but something is not right." Sam looked at me for a few moments then stutters out, "I really think something is sticking out of Alex's gums. Something sharp." I am panicked at this point because there is no way he has teeth yet. What did he bite on?!?!! I grabbed the baby from Sam and laid him on my lap so I could look in his mouth. Sure enough, there indeed was a tooth sticking up from his bottom gum! We all started laughing because our earliest teether so far has been Brie, who got her first tooth at the end of 7 months old. Alex just turned 5 months a few days ago! Now it totally made since to me about William's comment this morning. He had come into my room to see Alex, who was swinging in his swing. William was giving him kisses and letting Alex return the favor when William tells me, "He's so silly mom! He feels like he's biting me with his teeth." I told William, "You're so silly William. Alex doesn't even have teeth yet!" William says, "I know mom! It just kind of feels that way." Well duh....Maybe that should have been my clue to look in the baby's mouth! What does Mom know. The 4 year old figures it out first! Oh well. At least someone did because now I have to work on his horrible biting habit. Otherwise, it will be, "Adios nursing!" This little guy is sure making time fly by! I hope he takes a really long time to crawl and walk. 16 months would be nice. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment