Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Moving along!

Today I had another doctor's appointment. They are pretty uneventful now, which for me is a great thing! I did have my glucose test, a fetal fibernectin test, and another ultrasound. However, our charming bundle of joy was face down, so we were unable to get anything but 2 hand shots of it covering the sides of its face. Even the baby's feet were tucked up underneath it. Oh well! I guess it really wants to remain a surprise. My fibernectin test came back negative this afternoon. Yay! Now we are just awaiting the results from the glucose.  I think I will be fine, though, because I did not feel as bad as I usually do when I take the test. Hopefully that is a good sign.  I will now go in every 2 weeks until I deliver. They will continue to run the fibernectin test each time just to make sure we are safe from labor. My doctor does not want me going into labor with my blood thinners not closely monitored. I am grateful for that. Amazingly, our baby is already almost 2 pounds! I think we are in for another big newborn. Some of the baby's measurements were measuring 2 weeks and 2 days ahead of schedule. I, personally, think I am further along than my due date says, but I think they will sort all that out as I get closer. For now, I am just anxiously waiting. Very excited, nervous, and impatient. I cannot wait until this baby is here! I think the first words I will tell it will be, "Wow! You sure wanted us to wait for you. We are so glad you FINALLY decided to join our crazy crew!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment