After a few crazy weeks, and prolonging the time span until my next ultrasound, I finally went in yesterday for my appointment. I was terrified and poured sweat the whole way to the doctors office.
Well, to our total amazement and surprise, the sonographer found the baby right away and its little heart was beating away incredibly! I was amazed! Things looked so astronomically different from my last visit. The sonographer was even so surprised that she asked me whose uterus I borrowed the last time I was in because she was convinced it was not the same one. The massive bleed that practically filled in all the areas between the 2 small circles was gone. Now there is just one very viable, beautiful growing baby right in the middle, looking great! The other circle that appeared to be a second gestational sac is no longer there, so we will never know what it ever was, but I am totally okay with that. The thought of possibly having twins was terrifying to me knowing how difficult a time I can have just trying to carry one baby.

There is still a clot across the top of my uterus, but I am very confident it will resolve itself with time. Up until late yesterday night, I had not even spotted. (Great sign for me, because every time I have miscarried, I have started spotting before 5 weeks.) I made the dumb mistake of letting a student ultrasound tech run a scan of the baby before they finished with me, and I thought she was going to kill me. Sam could tell I was in quite a bit of pain. I crampped all day afterwards and then my spotting started. I am hoping it is just because of the exams, but it does make me a little uneasy.
Today, however, seems to be going okay and I have not noticed anymore.
I am still taking my Lovenox injections, and will until 6 weeks after I deliver the baby. Not very exciting, but I am so willing to do it if it produces us with the baby we have wanted so bad the past 2 years. It is worth it for that!
My next appointment and ultrasound is in 4 weeks. I will be 12 weeks at that point, and hopefully things will look even more encouraging.




No comments:
Post a Comment