Monday, July 25, 2011
Switching Docs
After quite a bit of craziness, we have decided to change Alex's immunologist. We had a visit with immunologist #3 today, and finally feel at peace with Alex's condition and plan for moving ahead. The new doc told us that he does not feel Alex's levels are that low for his age, and wants to try some other alternatives for now, before we jump back to IVIG. What a huge relief! For now, we have him on sulfamethoxazole twice a day to try and get rid of his sinus infection. Then, he will go to once a day through next winter, unless he gets something else. His new doc seems like he wants to be on top of things and get a good illness trend from Alex. I am so grateful. I really think this will help us get to the root of his problem, not mask it. I hope he is able to stay healthy and get through this with this less invasive treatment. We will all be overjoyed if he does!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment